Thursday, August 2, 2012

Holy Cow!

I love working out images for idioms, illustrating what a play in words looks like to me.

So there's that outburst, "Holy s**t!" that is best said in a more polite way. Saying "Holy Cow!" is a good substitute. A lot of people say this when in awe of something, or if you drop a hammer on a foot. I find myself saying, "Holy Cow" more than most people.

So here is another explanation I painted for Holy Cow - or Holey Cow, in my Idiom series.



Here are the sketches as I worked on what a "Holy Cow!" really looks like.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura !

    I enjoyed this post. Also, I shared it with a few of my ESL students, who are Korean.

    Take care!

    -- H A L ☮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Hal for sharing this post.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for sharing my post on idioms. Look for more idiom blog posts very soon on www.laurahoffmanart.blogspot.com :)
      -Laura Hoffman

      Delete
  2. I love that expression instead of speaking bad word.

    +younghoo

    ReplyDelete